The World Science Festival is a production of the World Science Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City. The Foundation’s mission is to cultivate a general public informed by science, inspired by its wonder, convinced of its value, and prepared to engage with its implications for the future.
The Marketing Department is responsible for expanding the World Science Festival through the development and execution of effective brand, digital and live event communication strategies. As part of the internship program, you will learn how to collaborate with partners from a variety of disciplines, participate in the creation of a seasonal advertising campaign, and develop grassroots outreach campaigns.
- Write engaging social media copy
- Complete photo research for upcoming social media and advertising campaigns
- Create / resize digital design assets
- Compile social media and website data for analytics reports
- Organize social media content calendars
- Research and identify potential media and grassroots partners for varied WSF events
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent writing & research skills
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Social media proficiency (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), familiarity with analytics tools (Google Analytics), and familiarity with WordPress preferred
- Willingness to work hard under deadline pressure in the weeks leading up to the Festival
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Send all completed applications to: email@example.com with “Creative Marketing Internship” in the subject line.
Note that all internships at World Science Festival are unpaid. Each student must obtain academic credit at a university or college in order to complete this internship.