The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a digital strategy for World Science Festival (WSF). He/she will implement campaigns that drive awareness, interest, and conversion. This role requires a strategic and analytic thinker with the ability to effectively manage WSF online.
- Manage and maintain WSF digital content for website, email marketing, SEO/SEM, and Livestream.
- Design, build, and maintain our social media presence.
- Act as the primary webmaster for worldsciencefestival.com
- Measure / report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights for all digital advertising / programmatic campaigns.
- Analyze and report on consumer data through PatronManager.
- Work closely with media and design teams to execute advertising campaigns across WSF’s earned channels.
- Clearly communicate and justify digital choices to all WSF departments.
Qualifications And Special Requirements:
- Experience working with WordPress, PatronManager, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Tag Manager, MailChimp, and multiple social media platforms.
- Ability to manage projects with a focus on creativity and on-time delivery.
- Excellent written, organizational, project management, problem solving abilities, planning and communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Desire to learn new technology, software, hardware and techniques relevant to this role.
- Maintain relationships between team members, developers, consultants and company resources.
- Demonstrate expertise in all aspects of online production processes including: writing, design, planning, technology, art, audio, podcasts, Livestream.
- Ability to maintain focus and be productive and flexible under intense deadlines.
- Ability to work within technical limitations and find creative and technical solutions to issues that arise.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying scope simultaneously across all digital platforms.
- An understanding of the ever-changing digital landscape.
How To Apply:
Please email resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Digital Marketing Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About The World Science Festival:
The World Science Festival gathers great minds in science and the arts to produce live and digital content that allows a broad general audience to engage with scientific discoveries. Through discussions, debates, theatrical works, interactive explorations, musical performances, intimate salons, and major outdoor experiences, the Festival takes science out of the laboratory and into the streets, parks, museums, galleries and premier performing arts venues of New York City and beyond. Hailed a “new cultural institution” by The New York Times, the Festival has featured Alan Alda, Joshua Bell, Chuck Close, Glenn Close, Sylvia Earle, Philip Glass, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Stephen Hawking, John Hockenberry, Bill T. Jones, Charlie Kaufman, Mary-Claire King, Eric Lander, Richard Leakey, John Lithgow, Yo-Yo Ma, Bobby McFerrin, Oliver Sacks, Liev Schreiber, Anna Deavere Smith, Julie Taymor, E.O. Wilson, and Nobel Laureates David Baltimore, Steven Chu, David Gross, Eric Kandel, Dudley R. Herschbach, Roald Hoffmann, Leon Lederman, Paul Nurse, John C. Mather, Saul Perlmutter, William Phillips, Adam Riess, F. Sherwood Rowland, Horst Störmer, Jack W. Szostak, Gerard ‘t Hooft, Harold Varmus, James Watson, Steven Weinberg, Carl Wieman, Frank Wilczek, among many others luminaries in science and the arts.
The annual live, week-long New York Festivals, which launched in 2008, have collectively drawn more than a million and a half visitors, with millions more viewing the programs online. The World Science Festival’s original musical and theatrical works tour nationally and internationally, and March 2016 marks the launch of World Science Festival Brisbane. World Science U is the Foundation’s online education arm where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
The World Science Festival is a production of the World Science Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City.