World Science Scholars identifies and selects a small group of students ages 14-16 worldwide who have demonstrated extraordinary mathematical talent and provides them with a unique opportunity to deepen their mathematical knowledge. By grappling with challenging ideas and exploring new disciplines in which to apply their abilities, students expand their perspectives, and new pathways open along which their genius can flourish, facilitating their potential to spark revolutionary breakthroughs. Scholars take interactive courses developed for them by leading experts, including Brian Greene, Mandë Holford , Stephan Wolfram, Cumrun Vafa, and Suzana Herculano-Houzel.
This free two-year program fosters and sustains a vibrant community of exceptionally talented math students, esteemed professors, and dedicated teaching fellows. This accomplished group is connected in-person at the annual World Science Festival in New York City and digitally through a robust social learning platform featuring interactive online courses, as well as riveting lectures and live sessions by leading scientists.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2021 cohort from students who:
– Are ideally between the ages of 14-16 during the 2021-22 school year
– Demonstrate exceptional mathematical ability
– Express a high degree of motivation and interest to learn outside the formal school setting
– Can understand and communicate ideas about complex mathematical and scientific content in English
– Have access to a computer with good internet connectivity
All three forms—Student Application Form, Parent/Guardian Recommendation Form, and Teacher/Mentor Recommendation Form—must be completed and submitted online before any student will be considered. Completed applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, with priority given to applications received online by April 15, 2021. Completed applications received after this date may be considered for a future cohort. Notifications will be emailed in early June 2021.
– Subscribe to join the World Science Festival Mailing List
– Follow the World Science Festival on Facebook
– Follow the World Science Festival on Instagram
– Follow the World Science Festival on Twitter
– Subscribe to the World Science Festival YouTube channel
World Science Scholars is made possible through the generous support of a grant from the John Templeton Foundation.