This internship experience will be held with a new and growing team of development professionals with a project-oriented focus towards grant research, proposals and membership program. Interns will learn the day-to-day activities involved with a high-profile awards dinner while administratively supporting the planning and execution of its fundraising strategies.
Though the focus of this experience will be towards event production, this opportunity also affords working within each realm of development including Sponsorship and Corporate Relations, Individual Giving, and Private Foundation. Particular tasks include:
- Assisting with database maintenance
- Donor acknowledgement
- Grant research
- Preparations for corporate/foundation site-visits
- Candidates seeking a Graduate Certificate or Masters in Fundraising, Grant Writing, Philanthropic Leadership, or Nonprofit Management are strongly preferred
- High-performing undergraduates with an interest in in a career in Nonprofit Policy will be considered
- Flexibility with work assignments and have a collaborative and team-oriented work ethic
- Demonstrate a passion for science and public education that can be applied effectively in a fast-paced, not-for-profit environment
- Both Mac & PC skills desired
- Database experience is a plus
Reports to: Head of Development
Send all completed applications to: email@example.com with “Development Internship” in the subject line.
Note that all internships at World Science Festival are unpaid. Each student must obtain academic credit at a university or college in order to complete this internship.