Do you want to be part of a team that produces one of the most prestigious festivals in New York City? What about being immersed in a fast-paced media and digital company that focuses on educating and inspiring all ages through the wonders of science? All of this exists and more at World Science Festival, a premiere nonprofit that works endlessly to bring science to the forefront of the conversation.
From live programs to free online courses, World Science Festival contains several verticals: World Science U, World Science Productions and more. These divisions often intersect, allowing interns to get a wider breadth of experience. Besides broader career development, each intern will focus on specific projects within his or her department and work closely with a mentor.
The intern program will be managed by human resources at World Science Festival and will accept applicants for the following departments: (1) marketing, (2) online education, (3) finance and administration, (4) partnerships, (5) editorial, (6) media production & (7) development.
To be considered for an internship at World Science Festival applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Meets the submission deadline with all required documents
- Proof of participation in the internship for Academic Credit
- Be at least a 3rd or 4th year college student with a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Commitment of 2 days per week are required for a 3 month period
- Possess a laptop with Wi-Fi capability
- Proficiency with both Apple and PC computers
- Familiarity with Gmail, Google Docs, and basic software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply:
All applications must contain:
- Indication of the internship you are interested in and the period session
- Resume and cover letter
- A letter from your school that indicates that you are receiving academic credit for the internship. This letter must be signed by your academic supervisor or professor and placed on your school’s letterhead.
Send all completed applications to: email@example.com with “WSF Internship” in the subject line.
Internship Session Dates:
- Session #1: Spring: February 15 – May 31
- Session #2: Summer: May 1 – August 31
- Session #3: Fall: September 1 – December 15
Note that all internships at World Science Festival are unpaid. Each student must obtain academic credit at a university or college in order to complete this internship.