The Media Department is responsible for production and editing of all media for The Festival including original production, animation & edited pieces, as well as supervising the shooting of programs & live events. In addition to The Festival, the Media Department creates content for the WSF website and social media throughout the year.
- Transcribe production footage
- Screen festival programs and pull “selects”
- Research for producers and editors
- Research usage rights for media
- Assist with filming in studio and on location
- Assist members of the department as needed
- Pursuing a career in media, journalism, or liberal arts (preferred)
- Strong interest in science
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Professional and friendly demeanor
Reports to: Deborah Mayer, Senior Manager of Production, Media
Send all completed applications to: email@example.com with “Media Internship” in the subject line.
Note that all internships at World Science Festival are unpaid. Each student must obtain academic credit at a university or college in order to complete this internship.