The World Science Festival is seeking a Participant Services Director for the 2017 Festival in New York City. The Participant services Director oversees a Travel and Hospitality Team to ensure that all aspects of the participants’ Festival experience and their stay in New York City is managed and coordinated at the highest quality.
- Work with Festival Management on staffing the travel, hospitality and catering team.
- Work with Festival Management to establish participant guidelines, including accommodation stays; use of ground transportation.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all Participant Services expenses; ensure that hotel, ground and travel invoices have been settled.
- Maintain files and all relevant participant details necessary for travel and hospitality services.
- Work with Management team to coordinate travel and logistics with WSF Editorial Team, including use of Marcato.
- Provide wrap-up document at conclusion of Festival.
- Work with General Management on Festival partner hotel selection if necessary.
- With Participant Services team, liaise with travel agent, car service, hotel and other vendors on the booking of all WSF air and rail travel, ground transportation and accommodations.
- With team, communicate with participants from time of program booking until departure from WSF.
- Identify and procure non-Festival partner VIP accommodations if necessary.
- Liaise with hotel on the booking of all Festival hotel rooms.
- Oversee ground transportation vendor regarding booking systems, schedules and final bill.
- Ensure that participants are informed of all travel and understand their Festival schedule.
- Ensure that participant diet restrictions and special requests have been clearly communicated to Catering Services.
- Manage and supervise Hospitality Manager.
- Work with WSF Management and Hospitality Department in creation and distribution of Welcome Packets to all Festival Participants, participant gift bags and Participant ticketing/guest list requests.
- Supervise Hospitality Suite team.
- Notify participants of special events and activities.
- With Hospitality Manager, ensure all Hotel and Concierge staff are trained and prepared to deliver a world-class experience to participants.
Qualifications and Special Requirements:
- History of working in participant services is preferred.
- Experience with Marcato software / Festival Management Software to coordinate travel and logistics with WSF Editorial Team and other staff is a plus.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment.
- Professional maturity, strong interpersonal and group skills, and a sense of humor.
How to Apply:
Please email resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PARTICIPANT SERVICES DIRECTOR” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About The World Science Festival:
The World Science Foundation (the “Foundation”) produces original live and digital content that brings scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event, The World Science Festival, is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. Through programming that spans a broad range—from vibrant discussions and debates to works of theatre and film—world-class scientists, leading thinkers, and renowned artists take science out of the laboratory and into the streets, theaters, museums, and public halls of New York City, making the esoteric understandable and the familiar fascinating. The week-long New York Festival has drawn more than a million and a half visitors since its launch in 2008, with millions more viewing the programs online.
The Foundation’s live events and theatrical productions tour nationally and internationally. In March 2016, the Foundation launched the World Science Festival Brisbane, bringing its distinctive programming to new audiences and establishing the first annual Festival outside of New York.
World Science U is the Foundation’s online education initiative, where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City.