Although we are no longer accepting applications for the 2022 cohort of World Science Scholars, this page has been left up so that future applicants can learn about the application process.
The World Science Scholars program looks for students who:
– Are ideally in high school and can complete the program prior to starting university.
– Demonstrate exceptional mathematical ability.
– Are highly motivated and interested to learn outside the formal school setting.
– Can discuss complex mathematical and scientific ideas in English.
– Have access to a computer with good internet connectivity.
– Will commit to an average of two hours per week during the academic year for one year, including completing coursework, participating in group projects, and attending live online events.
The application consists of three components: a student application, one parent/guardian recommendation, and one teacher/mentor recommendation. All forms and supporting materials must be submitted online in English. No transcripts or test scores are required.
Applications must be completed through GoogleForms. You can view the applications, prior to completing them here.
Students, parents/guardians, and teachers/mentors can go back and edit their online responses until the submission deadline. Incomplete, late, or paper applications will not be considered. Misrepresentation of information on the application will result in immediate disqualification.
Application and Recommendation Forms
To apply, three forms must be completed and submitted online before any student will be considered. Click the links below to download each form.
— Student Application Form to be completed by the student
— Parent/Guardian Recommendation Form to be completed by one of the student’s parents/guardians
— Teacher/Mentor Recommendation Form to be completed by one of the student’s teachers/mentors
You can view the applications, prior to completing them here.
Applications for the 2022 cohort of World Science Scholars are now closed. If you’d like to apply for the 2023 cohort, we will start accepting applications this fall.
– All three forms—the Student Application Form, the Parent/Guardian Recommendation Form, and the Teacher/Mentor Recommendation Form—must be completed and submitted online before any student will be considered
– Completed applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the cohort is full, with priority given to forms received by 4:59 pm EDT on April 30, 2022.
– Completed applications received after this date may be considered for a future cohort
– Finalists and their parents/guardians will be notified by email and will be asked to sign and submit an agreement outlining the conditions of the World Science Scholars program within five days of notification
– Upon receipt and favorable review of the agreement, the student will be notified in early June by email with details about the start of the program
Please contact us should you have any questions or encounter any difficulties completing/submitting the online application materials.