Applications are now being accepted from students who:
– Are ideally between the ages of 14-16 during the 2021-22 school year
– Demonstrate exceptional mathematical ability
– Are highly motivated and interested to learn outside the formal school setting
– Can discuss complex mathematical and scientific ideas in English
– Have access to a computer with good internet connectivity
The application consists of three components: a student application, one parent/guardian recommendation, and one teacher/mentor recommendation. All forms and supporting materials must be submitted online in English. No transcripts or test scores are required.
Applications must be completed through GoogleForms. You can view the applications, prior to completing them here.
Students, parents/guardians, and teachers/mentors can go back and edit their online responses until the submission deadline. Incomplete, late, or paper applications will not be considered. Misrepresentation of information on the application will result in immediate disqualification.
Application and Recommendation Forms
Please click on the links below to access the required online forms:
– Student Application Form to be completed by the student
– Parent/Guardian Recommendation Form to be completed by one of the student’s parents/guardians
– Teacher/Mentor Recommendation Form to be completed by one of the student’s teachers/mentors
– All three forms—the Student Application Form, the Parent/Guardian Recommendation Form, and the Teacher/Mentor Recommendation Form—must be completed and submitted online before any student will be considered
– Completed applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the cohort is full, with priority given to forms received by 4:59 pm EDT on April 30, 2021.
– Completed applications received after this date may be considered for a future cohort
– Finalists and their parents/guardians will be notified by email and will be asked to sign and submit an agreement outlining the conditions of the World Science Scholars program within five days of notification
– Upon receipt and favorable review of the agreement, the student will be notified in early June by email with details about the start of the program
Please contact us should you have any questions or encounter any difficulties completing/submitting the online application materials.