The World Science Festival (WSF), is looking to hire an Associate Director of Individual Giving (ADIG) to manage the individual giving programs. This is an exciting opportunity to have a strong impact on World Science’s mission to “cultivate a general public informed by science, inspired by its wonder, convinced of its value, and prepared to engage with its implications for the future.” If you have a passion for the arts, science, and education, and you are inspired by the possibility for cross-fertilization among these disciplines, apply today!
This position reports to the Chief Development and External Affairs Officer, and a qualified candidate can look forward to accomplishing the following in the ADIG position:
• building a portfolio of individual donations to support the organization’s near and long-term growth
• developing and implementing strategies for identifying and cultivating donors, as well as developing solicitation and stewardship strategies of individual donors and prospects
• implement a variety of creative fundraising initiatives and special events
Development Planning and Execution
• Designing, implementing, and managing a comprehensive, proactive development plan for Individual Giving, with focus on expanding and enhancing relationships for financial support from individuals with the potential for four, five and six figure gifts.
• Identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and managing stewardship of individual donors and donor prospects; developing and maintaining a high-quality stewardship process for active prospects and donors.
• Developing competitive individual gift proposals for prospective and current donors; monitoring proposal deadlines, preparing and editing proposals, and managing submissions of proposals, and interim and final reports.
• Developing and implementing strategies for innovative cultivation events, such as the annual gala and other events throughout the year.
• Maintaining up to date information in Salesforce and Patron Manager software platforms, including managing information on individual donor and donor prospects.
• Researching and analyzing emerging philanthropic trends and areas of common interest between donors and the WSF.
• Assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and income projections for the Individual Giving area, and regularly reviewing revenue and expenses, progress to goals, and tracking the status of pledges and gifts.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
• Required Experience:
◦ 5+ years experience in non-profit development and individual fundraising, preferably in the arts, sciences, higher education or a comparably complex organization
◦ Demonstrated record of success in soliciting individual donors, and developing strategies to obtain gifts.
• Required Knowledge(s):
◦ Strong knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques.
How to Apply:
Please email resume, a cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate Director of Individual Giving” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Festival Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About The World Science Festival:
The World Science Foundation (the “Foundation”) produces original live and digital content that brings scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event, The World Science Festival, is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. Through programming that spans a broad range—from vibrant discussions and debates to works of theatre and film—world-class scientists, leading thinkers, and renowned artists take science out of the laboratory and into the streets, theaters, museums, and public halls of New York City, making the esoteric understandable and the familiar fascinating. The week-long New York Festival has drawn more than a million and a half visitors since its launch in 2008, with millions more viewing the programs online.
The Foundation’s live events and theatrical productions tour nationally and internationally. In March 2016, the Foundation launched the World Science Festival Brisbane, bringing its distinctive programming to new audiences and establishing the first annual Festival outside of New York.
World Science U is the Foundation’s online education initiative, where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City.