The Associate Director, Marketing Production is responsible for managing all aspects of marketing and communication materials, timelines and deliverables. Superior attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects is key to success in this position.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the Associate Director, Marketing Production collaborates with the creative, media, editorial, education, operations and development team members to understand and assess the needs, as well as to lead in the production of all creative collateral.
- Project manage and/or co-design and/or design production of print and digital advertising, including radio, outdoor, website pages, program signage, program guides, promotional cards, presentations, pitches and partner reports.
- Serve as the main interface for all production vendors and freelance designers, photographers, printers, and interns. Identify needs and resolve resourcing issues as they arise such as estimate fees and acquire internal approvals.
- Develop project plans, timelines and key task tracking for print, presentations and digital creative assets.
- Manage design revisions, secure all internal approvals, and prep files for print. Route printer proofs for final approval. When needed, attend press checks.
- Develop and manage festival marketing timelines. Ensure that all projects are executed within the budget and meet WSF standards.
- Negotiate all outdoor, radio, print, and digital advertising contracts. Making sure contracts are counter-signed and filed.
- Work with department heads to create presentations, reports, and pitches in Keynote, PowerPoint, Google docs, and Indesign; assist with response planning, gathering creative assets, style copy, and final page design.
- Work with production operations team in fulfilling signage requests for events;
- Manage large, promotional mailings from the WSF office for City of Science events and the Festival.
- Engage with ad hoc projects to help WSF fulfill its mission.
- Technical production experience required.
- Experience managing the print production process from start to finish.
- Photo editing and retouching a plus, but not required.
- Powerpoint, Keynote and other computing skills a must.
- Three to five years of experience managing projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Expert Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software as it relates to print and digital design, especially PhotoShop, Indesign and Illustrator.
- Passionate about design, with an ability to deliver final products that meet the creative standards at World Science Festival.
- Excellent ability to independently multi-task, work efficiently and calmly under pressure, and maintain very tight deadlines. A sense of humor is a plus!
About the Organization:
The World Science Festival is an innovative multi-media organization that produces original live and digital content straddling the arenas of science, technology, the arts, media, performance and education. With the goal of radically transforming public perceptions of science, the World Science Festival creates world-class programming, featuring inspired collaborations, outstanding talent and innovative production techniques that bring scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event, The World Science Festival, is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. The week-long New York Festival has drawn more than two and a half million visitors since its launch in 2008, with millions more viewing the programs online. The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, doing business as World Science Festival and headquartered in New York City.
How to Apply:
Please email resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with Associate Director, Marketing Production in the subject line. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.