Reporting directly to the Director of Development, this full-time position offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-moving, non-profit organization that creates high profile, innovative science programming through live, digital, educational, theatrical and media productions. The ideal candidate is a motivated, perceptive, energetic and articulate multi-tasker with outstanding writing, verbal and organizational skills. The Development Coordinator will manage the administrative needs of the development office and serve as a primary source of information and support for fundraising functions, databases and strategy.
As a trusted member of the Development team, the Development Coordinator must have proven ability to deliver against challenging goals and will exhibit superior communications, research and technical skills to support a dynamic department.
- Maintain a complete calendar of development activity, including proposal deadlines, prospect meetings, grant reports and donor communications; maintenance of donor pages on the website.
Fundraising & Giving
- Assist with and support the year-round donor cultivation, solicitation, and reporting strategy.
- Draft and prepare documents for program support grants for foundations, corporate foundations, individuals, and government entities; work with the Development department in the creation of targeted requests, as well as letters of inquiry to current and prospective institutional and individual sources.
- Assist with the identification and research of new potential prospects. Organize and maintain prospect records and files, including continuous maintenance of accurate database files.
- Support the development department in preparing for and implementing WSF events, including the annual Gala, year-round cultivation events and the World Science Festival events in New York, supporting and communicating with donors, partners and sponsors.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation and submission of all grant proposals and budgets; confirm payments; and prepare formal acknowledgements and correspondence.
- Maintain individual donor and prospect files in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Ensure timely and accurate updates to constituent records for donors and prospects, including records maintained in Raiser’s Edge NXT donor contact database and donation website support system.
Reporting & Stewardship
- Work with Development and Finance Departments to prepare grant reports for institutions, corporate foundations, and individuals.
- Work with the Marketing team to assure that all visibility requirements for funders are fulfilled by the WSF marketing, media, and operations teams; create crediting grids.
- Respond to daily inquiries and requests regarding stewardship of current and prospective institutional donors.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- 2- 3 years administrative experience working in fast-paced development office
- Ability to identify, research, assess, and seek out possible sources of funding or donors.
- Ability to develop and grow donor relationships through excellent networking skills.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Dependability and outstanding organizational ability with focused attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and priorities and manage time well even when time is short.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to make independent decisions and accomplish the responsibilities of the position with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Raiser’s Edge.
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $75,000
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The World Science Festival (WSF) is an innovative multi-media organization that produces original live and digital content straddling the arenas of science, technology, the arts, media, performance and education. With the goal of radically transforming public perceptions of science, WSF creates world-class programming featuring inspired collaborations, outstanding talent and novel production techniques that bring scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event in New York City debuted in 2008 and is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. In 2016, WSF launched a sister festival in Australia – World Science Festival Brisbane. Our original musical and theatrical works tour nationally and internationally. The Festival has drawn over 3.4 million in-person visitors worldwide, and garnered more than 190 million views on our online video platforms. World Science U is the Festival’s online education arm where students and lifelong learners dive more deeply into cutting edge science through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to
email@example.com with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, conviction history, predisposing genetic characteristics, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status or other protected class in compliance with applicable law.