This internship experience will be part of the editorial department. This is a great opportunity for journalism and science majors, who will be working alongside an enthusiastic, resourceful, super-smart group of journalists, producers and technical staff. As part of the internship, you will learn how to: hone journalistic and research skills, develop a larger understanding of all phases of production, explore the world of science communication, and be part of a team that produces live programs in short periods of time.
- Assist with the pre-production, research, and all phases of production for the World Science Festival’s annual event.
- Research for programs
- Interview potential participants
- Help out on shoots and location scouts
- Support our partner programs with New York’s major museums and cultural institutions
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Desire to acquire experience supporting production and complex event planning
- Willingness to work hard under deadline pressure in the weeks leading up to the Festival
Reports to: Editorial Department
Send all completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Editorial Internship” in the subject line.
Note that all internships at World Science Festival are unpaid. Each student must obtain academic credit at a university or college in order to complete this internship.