The World Science Festival (WSF), is looking to hire an Executive Assistant that will work closely with the organization’s co-founders in managing their day to day activities while interacting with other senior management, board members, donors, renowned scientists, and representatives from the media and creative communities. The Executive Assistant will play a crucial role in helping the CEO and Chairman of the Board lead the WSF into its next phase of growth and success. And, you will be working in a fast-moving, non-profit organization that creates high profile, innovative science programming through live, digital, educational, theatrical and broadcast productions.:
This multi-faceted position offers a unique opportunity to:
- develop a broad understanding of how a non-profit organization works
- build experience in media, live event production, and science-based programming
- support and learn from two dynamic executives in an exciting, mission-driven organization that will be growing and expanding over the next few years.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a strong impact on World Science’s mission to “cultivate a general public informed by science, inspired by its wonder, convinced of its value, and prepared to engage with its implications for the future.” If you have a passion for the arts, science, and education, and you are inspired by the possibility for cross-fertilization among these disciplines, apply today!
Calendar & Meeting Management
- Manage calendars, travel, appointments, and create travel itineraries as needed.
- Schedule a high volume of meetings; coordinate logistics and prepare agendas and itineraries.
- Create meeting prep materials including background research and bios.
- Attend meetings, and take clear and concise minutes, keeping accurate meeting records
- Proactively manage minute to minute and hour to hour day for CEO and Chairman, ensuring meetings start and end on time.
- Schedule Board of Director meetings and oversee onsite details including venue and catering; assist with the preparation and distribution of Board materials.
Contact & Correspondence Management
- Manage CEO and Chairman contact databases, ensuring all contacts are represented and current contact information is kept up to date.
- Create and send correspondences on behalf of both the CEO and Chairman, ensuring written communications are sent that are professional, timely, and free from errors.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing telephone calls for CEO and Chairman.
- Tactfully and professionally act as gatekeeper to CEO and Chairman, ensuring accessibility while protecting their time.
- Prepare and edit documents including complex reports, presentations, and meeting remarks, ensuring professional language and formatting.
- Keep files (both electronic and paper) organized and accessible to CEO and Chairman, ensuring both executive’s work spaces are orderly and stocked with necessities
- Manage and assist on special projects as needed, both for CEO and Chairman as well as others at WSF.
- Assist Development team with fundraising projects and events.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Required Experience:
- 2 years administrative experience in a fast-paced office environment, supporting executives or other high-level employees
- Preferred Experience or Education:
- Experience or education in fields of journalism, media, education, theater, or live event production
How to Apply:
Please email resume, a cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Festival Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About The World Science Festival:
The World Science Foundation (the “Foundation”) produces original live and digital content that brings scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event, The World Science Festival, is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. Through programming that spans a broad range—from vibrant discussions and debates to works of theatre and film—world-class scientists, leading thinkers, and renowned artists take science out of the laboratory and into the streets, theaters, museums, and public halls of New York City, making the esoteric understandable and the familiar fascinating. The week-long New York Festival has drawn more than a million and a half visitors since its launch in 2008, with millions more viewing the programs online.
The Foundation’s live events and theatrical productions tour nationally and internationally. In March 2016, the Foundation launched the World Science Festival Brisbane, bringing its distinctive programming to new audiences and establishing the first annual Festival outside of New York.
World Science U is the Foundation’s online education initiative, where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in New York City.