Reporting directly to the President of World Science U, this full-time, multi-faceted Executive Assistant – Education position offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-moving, non-profit organization that creates high profile, innovative science programming through live, digital, educational, theatrical and media productions. The ideal candidate is a motivated, perceptive, energetic and articulate multi-tasker with outstanding writing, verbal and organizational skills. The Executive Assistant will manage the day-to-day administrative needs of the education office and will frequently serve as a point of contact for internal and external constituencies including world-renowned scientists among others.
- Manage and schedule meetings; coordinate logistics and prepare agendas and itineraries
- Prepare high-level documents including reports, presentations and remarks
- Create meeting prep materials including background research and bios
- Manage all incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Manage calendar, travel, appointments, and correspondences for the president
- Take clear and concise notes during high-level meetings and keep accurate meeting records
- Communicate on behalf of the President and practice good judgment in handling confidential information
- Manage and assist on special projects as needed
- Assist in coordinating education and media team for shooting new courses for World Science Scholars and World Science U
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters advantageous
- 3 – 5 years administrative experience working in fast-paced office environment, preferably in higher education
- Ability to work with discretion regarding confidential matters
- Excellent writing, proofreading, project-management and research skills
- Acute time-management, keen attention to detail, superior organizational skills, ability to multitask and take initiative
- Ability to self-start and excel in a high-pressure environment
- Participates in special projects and efforts to improve unit effectiveness
- Proficiency in a variety of software and online platforms, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, Google Drive, Mac and PC products
- Professional maturity, strong interpersonal and group skills, and a sense of humor
- Understanding of appropriate conduct when engaging with high-level participants, donors, guests, and others
- Knowledge of online education a plus
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $75,000
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The World Science Festival (WSF) is an innovative multi-media organization that
produces original live and digital content straddling the arenas of science, technology, the arts, media, performance and education. With the goal of radically transforming public perceptions of science, WSF creates world-class programming featuring inspired collaborations, outstanding talent and novel production techniques that bring scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
World Science U (WSU) is the online education arm of WSF, where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through creatively produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists. WSU also oversees the World Science Scholars program that selects a small group of high school students from across the world who have demonstrated extraordinary mathematical talent and provides them with an unparalleled opportunity to apply their abilities to unexplored disciplines. Guided by world-renowned experts, Scholars examine ways that advanced mathematics skills can be applied to solve complex challenges in a wide range of scientific fields.
How to Apply:
Please email resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to
firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant – Education” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, conviction history, predisposing genetic characteristics, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status or other protected class in compliance with applicable law.