World Science Studios is the new, nimble, forward-looking media production arm of the World Science Festival. Focused on developing creative and innovative approaches to telling the stories of humankind’s search for a deeper understanding of reality and our place within it, World Science Festival is a recognized leader in live science programming. From onstage, multimedia conversations and debates to theatrical works and musical performances, the World Science Festival explores the biggest questions—the origin of the universe, the nature of matter, the emergence of life, the role of consciousness—in exciting, accessible, and novel formats.
We are seeking an ambitious, energetic, innovative and experienced Executive Producer to lead World Science Studios, a newly formed and centralized production unit that will produce all media content across the organization, including short-form video packages and animations for World Science Festival live programs; original documentary and series programming for broadcast and digital distribution; educational videos; marketing and social media content.
- Lead and manage all media production including short and long form content; animation and graphics; field and studio shoots; multi-camera capture of live programs; promotional and marketing video; social/digital content.
- Drive all phases of media production — creative, editorial, production and post-production — from ideation to execution.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of internal and external producers, crews, editors, animators, as well as production and operations personnel.
- Work with internal and external producers to meet all project deadlines, including delivery of pitches, scripts, rough cuts and final cuts on time, on budget, and at the highest editorial, creative and production quality.
- Build and manage budget, staffing, schedule and workflow for all media projects.
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership on a strategic vision for growth, and with all departments including editorial, live events, digital, marketing, sponsorship and education to meet media needs across the organization.
- Stay current in production trends, new technology, and distribution platforms.
- Push the boundaries of visual storytelling with novel production techniques, formats and creative elements.
- Extensive experience working in broadcast, film and/or digital media production.
- Record of projects that show high editorial standards, and creative visual storytelling skills.
- Experience in all aspects of video production including: pre-production research and reporting, script development, production, post-production and multi-format conversions.
- Track record of fulfilling large quantity of deliverables on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work in a demanding, fast-paced, diverse and high-performance professional environment.
- Strong hiring, team-building, communication and management skills.
- Familiarity with major production software and applications for use in a dynamic media operation.
- Self-motivated, curious, addicted to excellence, fearless and fun.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The World Science Festival (WSF) is an innovative multi-media organization that
produces original live and digital content straddling the arenas of science, technology, the arts, media, performance and education. With the goal of radically transforming public perceptions of science, WSF creates world-class programming, both live on stage and televised, featuring inspired collaborations, outstanding talent and novel production techniques that bring scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event in New York City is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. The Festival has drawn over 3.2 million visitors worldwide, with more than 75 million views on our online platforms. The World Science Festival’s original musical and theatrical works tour nationally and internationally, and 2016 marked the launch of our sister festival in Australia, World Science Festival Brisbane. World Science U is the Festival’s online education arm where students and lifelong learners dive more deeply into cutting edge science through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
How to Apply:
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Producer, World Science Studios” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.