SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the World Science Festival. Volunteer sign-up is open for our Fall/Winter 2016 CITY OF SCIENCE events. If you’d like to volunteer as a “Science Ambassador” or as a general volunteer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit click HERE for more information.
VOLUNTEERS ARE THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE FESTIVAL
Volunteers serve as ambassadors for the World Science Festival. Volunteers are the face of the festival to visitors. They are a welcoming resource full of information about the festival and its programs, assist in marketing the festival, and assist during the Ultimate Science Street Fair. Volunteers also support the many production teams that make so many compelling programs and experiences possible.
- An enthusiastic and friendly personality.
- Comfortable working with people of all backgrounds, ages, and levels of familiarity with science.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills are a plus.
- A background in science is an asset, but a passion for learning and sharing knowledge is key.
- Dedication, commitment, reliability and professionalism are essential.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor are a must.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO VOLUNTEER?
In my five years with the festival, I’ve delivered promotional materials, hunted for insects in Washington Square Park, chatted with people on line waiting for theater doors to open, walked and talked with world-reknowned scientists, and even searched for (and successfully found) a missing teapot for Dr. Oliver Sacks. — Stephen O’Rourke, five festivals
I look forward to volunteering every year and get more excited every week closer to the festival. – Robb Young, two festivals
The community of the World Science Festival makes you feel that you are a part of a wonderful innovative, imaginative family. – Kristen Addessi, six festivals
Please write to email@example.com with the subject line “World Science Festival Volunteers”.