Job Description: The Associate Director of Institutional Giving will be responsible for building a portfolio of private foundation, corporate foundation and government agency funders to support World Science Festival’s (WSF) near and long-term growth. This position reports to the Director of Development.
- Design, implement, and manage a fundraising portfolio focused on expanding and enhancing foundation, corporate foundation and government agency relationships and financial support. Responsibilities include identification of foundation, corporate foundation and government prospects, development of fundraising strategies, and preparation of proposals, applications, reports, budgets, correspondence, and other written and financial materials.
- Represent WSF, along with the Director of Development, as the institutional contact for the organization.
- Proposal writing & preparation:
- Identify, solicit and cultivate major philanthropic commitments from foundations, corporations and governmental agencies to support the mission and goals of WSF.
- Partner with the other Development staff, Finance, and Programming Departments on the writing of education and media proposals targeted for institutional sources of funding.
- Develop competitive proposals, including letters of inquiry and full grant applications for WSF programmatic goals and initiatives.
- Reporting & Stewardship:
- Develop and maintain a high-quality stewardship process for active institutional prospects and donors.
- Work with the Chief Finance Officer to prepare required narrative and financial reports.
- Assure all grant requirements are fulfilled by the WSF Programming, Marketing, Media and Operations teams on the agreed upon schedule.
- Information Maintenance:
- Oversee maintenance of institutional donor and prospect histories and files (both physical and electronic in database)
- Coordinate and manage timely production and processing of all grant budgets, payments, and formal acknowledgements and correspondence.
- Maintain and monitor full calendar of institutional giving activity, including proposal deadlines, prospect meetings, site visits, interim and final reports and other donor communications.
Qualifications And Special Requirements:
- Through active and ongoing research into institutional sources of funding, identify emerging philanthropic trends and areas of common interest between institutional donors/prospects and WSF.
- Working knowledge of foundation and government research resources is required.
- Partner with the Development, Finance, and Programming Departments on the creation of programmatic proposals targeted for institutional sources of funding.
- Minimum 5 years institutional giving experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated grant writing success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skill, particularly with project budgets.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and Internet), strong information management skills, particularly with Customer Relationship Management software like Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, etc.
- Capacity to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Collaborative, flexible, team-oriented and positive work ethic.
- World Science Festival offers an unparalleled opportunity for an entrepreneurial and creative individual to contribute to a dynamic and growing media production organization.
How To Apply: Please email applications to email@example.com with “Associate Director of Institutional Giving” in the subject line.
- Cover letter
- Salary Requirements
- Where you found this job posting
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Festival Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About World Science:
The World Science Festival is an innovative multi-media organization that produces original live and digital content straddling the arenas of science, technology, the arts, media, performance and education. With the goal of radically transforming public perceptions of science, WSF creates world-class programming, both live on stage and televised, featuring inspired collaborations, outstanding talent and novel production techniques that bring scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event in New York City is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. The Festival has drawn over 3.2 million visitors worldwide, with more than 75 million views on our online platforms. The World Science Festival’s original musical and theatrical works tour nationally and internationally, and 2016 marked the launch of our sister festival in Australia, World Science Festival Brisbane. World Science U is the Festival’s online education arm where students and lifelong learners dive more deeply into cutting edge science through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.